Saturday, December 23, 2023

Blog Anniversary and Gingerbread Houses

    Today is the 13th anniversary for my blog. At the time I started my main interest was to share projects that I was doing with my local quilting students and for myself. I no longer teach as I did; however, I continue to share my skills with my church quilt group of friends. Now my blog is mostly a record of my projects and the crafts I do with and for my granddaughters.

    This past Wednesday my GDs made gingerbread houses which is a holiday tradition for us. They have progressed from just adding candy and icing to decorate to this year both used royal icing to construct their houses as well. I still prebaked the gingerbread pieces. I'm sure they are ready to do that; however, it saves time for me to do the baking ahead. Here are this year's creations.

Mattie's is a Christmas boat house.

Lily decorated all 4 sides differently.

Have a great week whether or not you have time for quilting.

Enjoy this special season! Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment