Monday, May 1, 2023

Weekly Goals

     No real progress was made in the sewing room last week.   I did enjoy a couple of hours with GD Mattie experimenting with acrylic paint techniques. We found that we could use more large brushes. Later I went to JoAnn Fabrics but did not find the kind I wanted. What I did find was some fabric on clearance for $3 a yard that I could not pass up. I thought it would be perfect for a couple of quick QOVs. So even though I did not decrease my stash this week, I do have a purpose for the fabric I added.


Stash Report for 2023

    this past week- Used: 0 yds Added: 10 yds
    So far this year- Used: 40.96 yds Added: 32 yds
    Net decrease 8.96 yds

How I did on last week's goals: Not very well but I was out of town for part of the week. One of my yearly goals is to control scraps and I worked on that.  I cut up a pile of neutral scraps into usable unit sizes.  


1. Do more quilting on “Suncatcher Crystals”. Not done

2. Adjust piecing on “Celtic Fantasy”. Not done I wasn't really avoiding it but trying to decide how best to fix the problem.

    3. Cut and piece a H3H quilt top. Done. I cut out the kit and took it to church for our Wednesday sew day. Another member took it home to sew.

About the only sewing was to repair a stuffed animal with a split seam and a dog toy.

Goals for this week:

1. Finish quilting on “Suncatcher Crystals” .
2. Adjust piecing on “Celtic Fantasy”

Have a great week and enjoy some time quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “

1 comment:

  1. I love the beautiful fabric you have that is against your pink cutting board.

    ReplyDelete