Friday, May 26, 2023

Friday Finish

     I am pleased to have a comfort quilt finish to share today. My part is finished so I am counting it as a finish. I pieced and quilted, then passed it off for binding. 


I enjoy making these Carolina Chain blocks as leader/ender and have made several charity quilts that way. You can find free directions from C&T Publishing for Bonnie Hunter's quilt pattern. She used 2” strips and I used 2 ½ ” so my blocks are a little larger.

Here is a close up of my quilting. The FM quilting is swirls on the blocks and a feather chain around in the setting triangles and border.


     Then I starting working on a UFO. This is my test sample of the alternate block I plan to use. EQ names it “Summer Winds”. I have all the pieces cut for 12 blocks so I hope to do more piecing today. 


I'm linking up with I'm linking up with Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday    Hope you will check out what others are doing.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your finish! That is a nice looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is a great finish!! and yes!! totally counts - I think its even better if someone else does the binding haha!! Those blocks are super cute, and the quilting - LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish,it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete