Friday, May 19, 2023

A Finished Top - Hurray

      I missed my usual post Monday for weekly progress and goals so I will share my progress now. My goals were to:

1. Adjust piecing on “Celtic Fantasy” Done. Not only did I fix the problem with the outer curved pieces but I added a simple wide border.  


I am excited to have the top made. This was the most challenging piecing I have worked on because of so many inset corners, irregular curves and an abundance of applique. Even by machine it took many, many hours. Now the challenge will be to quilt it and decide which colors of thread and what designs. I would also like to try some big stitch quilting to accent certain areas.

2. Start quilting charity/ comfort quilt. Done. I have done all the stabilizing quilting but did not take a photo to share.

     I enjoyed Mother's Day weekend with 2 of my sisters at Irene's home in the mountains of north western North Carolina. 


 A couple of days we went walking in New River State Park and enjoyed the wild flowers. I used a new-to-me app on my phone named “Seek” that identifies plants and animals. This plant was identifed as Dame's Rocket (Hesperis matronalis) which is also known by several other names.


After a rain shower there was a lovely rainbow.


     One morning I went with my sister to her figurative artists meeting. You can see some of their work on their Facebook page. This the “Raven Queen” doll she made for a challenge.


     A friend has moved to senior living and needed a new home for her fabric stash. This is some of what I brought home to share with church quilt group and a refugee mother who enjoys sewing. I have spent a couple of days washing it, organizing and putting some into groups for possible quilts.


It rained most of the day yesterday and is expected to rain a lot today, so a perfect day to sew or quilt.

I'm linking up with Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday  

and   
Sarah's Whoop, Whoop Friday. Hope you will check out what others are doing. 

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


5 comments:

  1. Wow, Celtic Fantasy looks amazing! What an accomplishment. I admire your perseverance-- I would have stuffed it in a closet long before it was finished! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, your Celtic Fantasy is gorgeous, congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Celtic Fantasy is awesome! Congrats on a job well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Celtic Fantasy quilt is amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celtic Fantasy is amazing!
    and what fun to hike with your sisters!! Looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete