Monday, April 24, 2023

Making Progress

      I don't have a finish to share but I have made great progress on a couple of projects.

Here is how I did on my goals for last week:

1. Do more quilting on “Suncatcher Crystals”. Done.

I did a lot of custom FM quilting with a different motif in each border and each crystal is quilted the same. Now I am ready to change thread color to quilt the yellow background.


2. Start piecing “Celtic Fantasy” Done.

     I finally started piecing “Celtic Fantasy” together. I created the pattern from Ricky Tims' Rhapsody Quilts and Celtic Fantasy workshop books. I have done curved piecing before but never with such free form pieces. I got a LOT of practice with inset corners.

One good thing about Ricky's technique is that all the curved seams are stay-stitched to help prevent distortion. I felt good about the process until the last set of units on the outside edge. They currently don't lay as flat as they should so I need to do some adjusting before I add an outer simple border.  I was too tired to tackle that yesterday afternoon. 


     With all that quilting and piecing, I did not use any new fabric so my stash report did not change.

Goals for this week:

1. Do more quilting on “Suncatcher Crystals” .
2. Adjust piecing on “Celtic Fantasy”
3. Cut and piece a H2H quilt top.

Have a great week and enjoy some time quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


1 comment: