Monday, April 10, 2023

Goals and Progress

      I skipped last Monday's update on my weekly goals and progress, mostly because it was travel day to return home from visiting family and granddaughters. I enjoyed a wonderful week visiting with them. I'm late posting today because this morning I hosted 8 ladies for my Women of the Church circle meeting. I served Strawberry Bread with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. You can find the recipe here.


How I did on my goals last week:

    1. Continue progress on my guild Rainbow Challenge quilt top. Done. I shared progress on a Friday post and have since added the borders to complete the top. I also pieced a backing. I hope to get it sandwiched this week and start the quilting.


2. Plan for participating in the Hands 2 Help challenge 2023 Done.

I washed a chosen fabric group and started cutting an easy kit.

     I also worked on a few small quick gifts. I made a mug rug from scraps, finished 2 floral placemats ( the tops were pieced during covid shut down) 


and appliqued a cute gnome on to a kitchen hand towel. 

 The gnome is a free pattern from Jelly Roll Club. There is a gnome block for each month plus other blocks so you can make a whole quilt. 

    Stash Report for 2023

    this past week- Used: 6.41 yds Added: 1 yds
    So far this year- Used: 40.46 yds Added: 22 yds
    Net decrease 18.46 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Sandwich and start quilting the “Rainbow Crystals” top.
2. Create step-outs to demo trapunto method.
3. Start piecing “Celtic Fantasy”

Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


1 comment:

  1. Yummmm Strawberry bread!! that sounds great!!!
    Your rainbow challenge is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete