Friday, March 31, 2023

In Progress

      This week my main focus has been on a quilt for my guild “Rainbow Challenge”. The rules say it has to include all the colors of a rainbow and have curves or the illusion of curves. I am not afraid of sewing curves as I have made at least 3 that I loved, but I wanted to do something different. On Facebook this Calypso pattern  popped up in my feed and was the inspiration for my design with blocks that are pretty basic. I have made great progress and all the blocks are pieced. For now I'm calling it “Suncatcher Crystals”. The one color crystals were easy to plan and piece. The alternate blocks had to be planned in place so that the triangle in a square units were the appropriate colors. 


 The crystal points will be completed in the first border so are not part of the blocks. I am pleased with how it is coming together.


    Most afternoons have been spent with GDs. After school GD Lily worked on her quilt block layout. She is deciding where to have a few yellow Friendship Stars complete with yellow center. Then she can sew more rows together.  She wants to do it herself. 

   That is about all the sewing for this week. I'm linking up Alycia's Finished (Or Not) Friday. Check out the inspiration and fun.

Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


4 comments:

  1. Suncatcher Crystals is going to be great! I like Lily's work on her quilt. She will be so pleased to have done it herself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suncatcher Crystals is the perfect name & description, Elizabeth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystals is a super cool quilt! I really like how you are laying out the colors!!
    and go Lily!!! Its nice to have someone to share your quilting love with!!!

    ReplyDelete