Monday, March 27, 2023

Happy Monday Sewing

     We had rain most of the day Sunday and this morning started with thunderstorms so it should be a great day to stay inside and sew.

How I did on last week's goals-

  1. Finish last of the blanket-stitching on Celtic Fantasy units. Done. Now the challenge will be sewing all those unusual curved seams; however, that will not happen this week.

  2. Continue March Block a Day Done. I have 48 blocks made so as is the top will finish at 48” by 64”. I am thinking of adding sashing to make it larger; however, I'm not liking it with sashing. Maybe I just don't have the right fabric for it or it doesn't want sashing. Here are some of the blocks with a light blue-purple sashing. It would definitely need a cornerstone to pop.  


  3. Finish paper-piecing Easter basket blocks into mug rugs. Done. I made 2 for granddaughters and the one with a border went in the mail to a friend.

               
  4. Start piecing Rainbow Challenge quilt top. Done. I have made a great start, although I find I need more scrap squares of orange and aqua. I guess those are not colors I use as often.

    Stash Report for 2023

    this past week- Used: 0.5 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 34.05 yds Added: 21 yds
    Net decrease 13.05 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Continue progress on my guild Rainbow Challenge quilt top.
2. Plan for participating in the Hands 2 Help challenge 2023
You can find out more about it at Confessions of a Fabric Addict's blog.


Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


1 comment:

  1. your March Block a Days are so pretty - that green on the floral reminds me of a trellis in a garden = very pretty!

    ReplyDelete