Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Projects and Weekly Goals

     The old saying “time flies” was surely true yesterday. I was so busy I did not have time to think about my projects and goals. I met another member at church at 10 and we pieced “Franken-batting” for at least 3 hours. We used most of the larger pieces but there are more small scraps of batting to deal with. We can use some for prayer squares and mug rugs. The rest of the small pieces will be cut up sometime for cat beds.

    For my recent birthday I was given a kit for a mug organizer. The directions were not the easiest to understand but I made it Friday. I plan to make more but will make some pockets wider.

  Following are other projects I worked on last week. I finished a doll dress for my GD.

I added 4 more crumb blocks for one more row to make the crumb top longer and plan to add a scrappy piano key border.


     I am participating in Pat Sloan's March Block a Day. Here are my first 8. So far I have chosen 15 floral fabrics and am making 2 of each with 2 different greens. I plan to use 20 floral fabrics for 40 blocks set 4 by 5.


    Stash Report for 2023

    this past week-   Used: 1.66 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 29.475 yds Added: 21 yds
    Net decrease 8.285 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Finish triple blanket-stitch on at least 1 more Celtic dragon.

2. Continue March Block a Day

     I would like to get some quilting done on a comfort quilt but the garden is calling me so I will see. If the pollen limits my time outdoors, I may get some quilting done.

Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “

1 comment:

  1. I love your mug organizer, this is something I have on my to-do list since a long time ago ;) Your crumb blocks are beautiful setting on this grey background , it's going to be a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete