Monday, February 27, 2023

Visit to Quilt Con 2023

    I enjoyed a wonderful afternoon at QuiltCon in Atlanta with both granddaughters and my son, their father. We saw many fabulous quilts in our 3 hour visit. It was enough time for our stamina but not enough to see all the quilts or vendors. You can check out the QuiltCon2023 winners at this link:https://quiltcon.com/quiltcon-2023-winners/

Here I will share a couple of quilts I loved for the techniques. If you click on the picture, the larger view should open.  

   Many quilts used big stitch quilting to enhance the design. “Quilter's Energy” was one.




The collage of fabrics and raw edge applique was fabulous in “Crowned with Care”. 


I am already looking forward to QuiltCon 2024 in Raleigh, NC.

   Besides enjoying QuiltCon my other goal for the week was to piece the crumb block top. It is together, although now I think it needs one more row to be more adult lap size so I will find or make 4 more crumb blocks. I think I probably can find 4 more in my stash of orphans that will look good.

    Stash Report for 2023

    this past week-    Used: 1 yd Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 27.815 yds Added: 21 yds
            Net decrease 6.625 yds

Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “

No comments:

Post a Comment