Monday, February 20, 2023

Another Finish and Progress

      We had a few days of spring-like temperatures so it felt good to get out in the yard. I spent 2 full mornings on yard work getting my vegetable and flower beds in shape. Then I could rest in the afternoon and spend time on quilting projects.   Both of my goals were accomplished.   

    I am making progress on CF applique. The dragons are the most time consuming sections because of all the starts and stops.

     The kaleidoscope comfort quilt for church is finished.

I meandered in the center and quilted FM feathers in the border.  Not the prettiest feathers I have quilted but they look pretty on the border.

     I pulled 2 UFO wall-hanging tops that just need quilting and got them sandwiched so they are one step closer to being finished.

    Stash Report for 2023

    this past week-  Used: 3.625 yds    Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 26.815 yds  Added: 21 yds
                 Net decrease 5.625 yds

I am looking forward to taking my granddaughters to Quilt Con in Atlanta this coming weekend. I hope to take some photos to share for inspiration.

Goals for this week:

1. Enjoy Quilt Con
2. Piece crumb blocks into a top

* I've linked up with Alycia for Finished or Not Friday.  Check out the inspiration. 

Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “

5 comments:

  1. Kaliedoscope is so pretty - I like the feathers!! they look good with this quilt.

    Your dragon is pretty cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dragon is really something. I can't wait to see what the finished project looks like. And the Kaleidoscope quilt is just perfect. It will make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this isn't a duplicate comment; my first one disappeared! Your dragon is awesome. Can't wait to see what the finished project will look like. And I love the Kaleidoscope quilt. It will make someone very happy and very warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dragon!!! And those beautiful feathers around the border of your kaleidoscope!!! Well done!! I'm looking forward to your photos of QC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You remind me that I'm really behind on starting my spring planting starts. What a great dragon design! Love the Kaleidoscope quilt and your feathered border looks great and will be a real comfort for whoever gets it.

    ReplyDelete