Monday, February 13, 2023

First Start-to-Finish for 2023

      Last week was a busy week for quilting with great progress and finishes. The best was finishing my GD Mattie's new quilt. In January she was updating her bedroom and asked me to make her a new quilt. She picked out the colors to go with her new green walls and hardwood floor. Here is the finish.

I did a different FM motif in each color zigzag.

     In 2022 I pieced a QOV top for guild following Alycia's QOV Mystery Stop Tossing. After a guild member quilted it, I was given it back for binding.  Now it goes back to guild for a presentation. 


Goals for last week and stash report:

1. Stitch down appliques on 4 more Celtic units Not done. I did not get very far on this because of prioritizing other projects.
2. Choose backing and sandwich GD's quilt. Done and as noted above Finished.
3. Sew binding on QOV Done

    Stash Report for 2023

I donated a large piece that can be used for backing a charity quilt so that increased my used amount.

this past week-   Used:  9.75 yds     Added:  0 yds 
So far this year- Used: 23.195 yds  Added: 21 yds
         Net decrease 2 yds

      I quilted the center of my kaleidoscope quilt and just need to quilt the border so that is on the list for this week as well as getting back to doing the triple blanket stitch on the Celtic Fantasy units. These dragons take a lot of time.

Goals for this week:

1. Stitch down appliques on Celtic units
2. Quilt border on kaleidoscope quilt and bind.

Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “

No comments:

Post a Comment