Monday, February 6, 2023

Weekly Progress and Goals

     It is Monday again and time to take stock and set weekly goals. Because I was spending more time with GDs last week, I did not plan a lot of quilting but I feel great about what was accomplished. My goals were to -

1. make progress on GD Mattie's quilt. Done. I corrected the twisted block on Mattie's quilt top and am looking for a backing fabric.

2. Work on comfort quilts. Done. I already had the blocks for a scrappy 16 patch ready to sew and finished piecing that top also. This may get a simple border to make it a little larger for a comfort quilt.

     After those projects went as far as they could for the week, I pulled out a UFO. GD Mattie helped layout the Dogtooth Star blocks and Wednesday I sewed the top together. It will get a simple blue border added.

     I used an orphan LOVE block, a drawing of hers and scrap 2 ½” strips to make a placemat for GD Lily with quilting by stitching in the ditch.

I made 2 Valentine bargello placemats. They were very easy. I cut a 2 ½” WOF strip of 9 fabrics and sewed a strip set. (9 fat quarters with strips cut lengthwise should also work to make 6 placemat tops. I will have to check that out.) Then pressed seams and sewed into a tube. I cut 14 2 ½” strips (7 for each placemat). Unpick the seam of each strip progressing between a different set of fabrics for the 7 strips. After piecing the tops, I sewed and turned them pillowcase style. I quilted with a walking foot using the serpentine stitch.

   After half day school Thursday and Friday GD Lily made progress sewing blocks for her quilt. She has half the blocks sewn and several rows together.

Goals for this week and stash report:

1. Stitch down appliques on 4 more Celtic units
2. Choose backing and sandwich GD's quilt.
3. Sew binding on QOV

Stash Report for 2023
this past week-   Used:   1.125 yds   Added: 0.625 yds
So far this year- Used: 13.445 yds Added: 21 yds
Net decrease -7.545 yds

Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


No comments:

Post a Comment