Monday, January 30, 2023

Ending January with Progress

     Last week was a very productive week in my sewing room although I don't have lots of photos to share. Check out how I did on my goals.

1. make progress on Celtic Fantasy Done. I finished the blanket stitching on 4 more units so that makes 9 of 21 appliqued. Sorry no photo.

2. finish quilting charity/comfort quilt Done. I finished quilting the split 9 patch and passed it Wednesday to another church quilter to add binding. I shared photos of that quilt in Friday's post. Then I quilted another comfort quilt and finished it; even adding the binding. This was pieced with simple large squares on-point using a striped fabric for the alternate squares.

      It felt so good to finish 2 comfort quilts. We have a stack of tops at church waiting to be quilting. Wednesday we sandwiched the kaleidoscope top so it is next in line for quilting.

      Last week I finished piecing GD Mattie's top and shared a photo on Friday. After I posted it, I saw a block turned the wrong way so it got unsewn and fixed.

       

  
Then I saw my GD's new bed frame and it is very low to the floor which got me worried because I had planned for more drop. So last night a column was taken off the side and a row will probably come off the length so the quilt will not hang on the floor.
  Stash Report for 2023
this past week- Used: 1.5 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 12.33 yds Added: 21 yd 
Net decrease -8.67 yds

    I expect some of this week to be GD/family time so don't know how much sewing time I will have.

Weekly Goals for Jan. 29th:

1. make progress on GD Mattie's quilt
2. Work on comfort quilts

Have a great week with some time for quilting.  

“When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “

No comments:

Post a Comment