Friday, January 27, 2023

A Finish Plus a Top

      This week I took more time for quilting and so have my first finish for 2023.  The split nine patch quilt is now handed off to another church group member for binding. 

 I enjoy quilting free-form feathers and was able to let them show off in the light areas of the quilt.


     I finished piecing GD Mattie's new quilt top. I was pleased when she requested a new quilt; however, she had an inspiration photo of colors with a basic square design so I tried to keep the design simple. The colors are really prettier than in this photo.  Now that I look at the top I see an error I will have to correct.


I think the design is calling for modern quilting if I can figure out what that will be.

I'm linking up with Alycia's Finished or Not Friday. Hope you check out the inspiration.

Have a great weekend with fun, happiness and good health along with some sewing and quilting.

“When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


2 comments:

  1. I really like how you arranged your split nine patch blocks. They are so versatile! Nice quilting too. The colors in your granddaughter's quilt are fun and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh those feathers!!! What a beauty!!!!
    and your top is bright and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete