Monday, January 2, 2023

Looking Back and Goals for 2023

     Before the new year started I continued to work Saturday on 2022 UFOs and was excited to bring “Hometown Charms” to a finished top. I was also pleased to use stash fabric for the borders and binding.  


It was a rainy day with more inside time so I cut alternate blocks for the Dogtooth Star project. 

 Now this is the final-Final Stash Report for 2022:

this past week- Used: 4 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- 149 yds Added: 53.75 yd
Net decrease 95.25 yds

     Now as 2023 begins I looked back at what I accomplished on quilting projects last year . Looking at other blogs I loved seeing a collage of their finishes for the year so decided to work on one. This shows my major finishes in a variety of sizes.


It does not including many placemats, mug rugs, most charity/comfort quilts or quilt tops.

The new year is also my time to set new goals. I'm keeping most of same as 2022.

Yearly Goals for 2023:

    1. finish UFOs
    2. decrease stash fabric
    3. control and use scrap fabric

     I updated my list of UFOs and projects for 2023. “Celtic Fantasy” is top priority and will take a lot of time; however, I plan to work on other projects along with it. I listed 17 UFOs and 6 church quilt tops that need quilting. Pat Sloan is leading a “Sewing Space Organization Extravaganza” or Tidy Up Challenge for January. I plan to participate and expect to uncover more UFOs as I get more organized.

Hope your new year is full of fun, happiness and good health long with some sewing and quilting.


Never be afraid to try something new. Remember

that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built
the Titanic.” —Humor columnist Dave Barry


1 comment:

  1. That is a great finish!! way to end out the year!! I like your collage too!! Very cool to see all the quilts together!

    ReplyDelete