Friday, December 30, 2022

Closing Out 2022

     This week I have tried to finish projects or bring them to a completed top. The GD's Christmas placemats for 2022 got quilted. They don't look very different from the tops I showed but now they are quilted.  I finished them pillowcase style with no binding.

The Quilting Life 2022 BOM is a completed top.


Pat Sloan's “Hometown Charms” Block Wednesday just needs borders.


       Looking back at my 2022 yearly quilt goals I am satisfied.

How I did on my goals for 2022:
  1. finish UFOs
    I started the year with 26 UFOs on my list and 12 have been finished. Today there are 14 unfinished; however, good progress has been made on 7 of those.
  2. decrease stash fabric

    My stash is moving in the right direction and decreased more in 2022 than in 2021 (net decrease 62 yds). I still have plenty of fabric.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 2.25 yd Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- 145 yds Added: 53.75 yd
    Net decrease 91.25 yds

  3. control and use scrap fabric

    This is probably the goal that I am least pleased with my progress. Even though I spent a few days dedicated to working with scraps, they are not under control and I want to do a lot more with them.

  4. make charity/comfort quilts

I made and donated 2 QOV tops and finished one of them.
I finished 8 comfort quilts for church and pieced 5 more tops.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

Happy New Year! Prayers that 2023 will be a great year for all.

I'm linking up with Alycia for Finished or Not Friday.  Check out the inspiration. 


3 comments:

  1. I downloaded both those QAL and now that I've seen your finished quilts, I'm a little tempted to make them. Yours turned out so well. Thanks for sharing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those placemats are so adorable!!! Wonderful way to save the memories in time!!! I enjoyed reading your goals--goals every seasoned quilter can relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing accomplishments on your goals!!! The Grandkids placemats are so really cool - I bet they enjoy them so much!!!

    ReplyDelete