Monday, December 12, 2022

Holiday Happenings Take Center Stage

      This time of year there are many special events with family, friends and church so that quilting/craft time is limited; but, the special times are being treasured. The past couple of weeks I had a few days with GDs when they decorated their annual gingerbread houses. This year Mattie actually did the construction and had freedom to create some unique houses from parts. She created a dormer and a 2 story house.  Here they are during and after decorating.


    GDs also drew their annual Christmas squares and I pieced them into placemat tops. I still need to do the quilting.

Besides enjoying time with family my goals were to:

1. Control pile of scrap fabric. Done. I cut up piles of scraps for my scrap user system and created a kit for a charity quilt.

2. Quilt a comfort quilt for church. Not touched. It is still waiting but we do have a pile of finished quilts at church so there is no rush. Instead, I put the binding on a QOV. It might look familiar. I pieced the top and Bonnie from guild quilted it.


    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 2.375 yd Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- 141.75 yds Added: 53.75 yd
    Net decrease 88 yds

I have 2 more holiday gatherings this week which take time from quilt projects so my only goal for this week is to add more appliques to Celtic Fantasy.

Hope you are enjoying some special events this holiday season.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



3 comments:

  1. The house is SO cute - kind Dr Suess style!!!
    and the annual blocks are wonderful!!!
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing is I have never made a gingerbread house, but they sure are fun to see how others decorate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute gingerbread houses and great annual blocks. I have to be on fabric diet from next year!!!

    ReplyDelete