Monday, December 26, 2022

Year End UFO Progress

     With a few holiday activities on the calendar I spent minimal time sewing this past week. I redid the black Celtic knot with a solid color and like it better. Since all the Celtic Fantasy appliques have been fused I started making some test thread samples to decide which colors to use for the blanket stitch to secure them. I didn't get very far. This is how one quarter of the pieces look.

     I added the final border on the Carolina Chain top so it is ready to be sandwiched at the next church quilt day. 

    Next I pulled out another UFO project. I'm calling these blocks Dogtooth Stars. They started with leftover units from a Bonnie Hunter mystery several years ago. I now have 15 blocks pieced.

With a plain alternate block they will make a setting 5 by 6 for 30 blocks. Here is my EQ plan.
I am trying to use only my stash so I may end up piecing the alternate blocks.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 0.5 yd Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- 143.5 yds Added: 53.75 yd
    Net decrease 89.5 yds

Hope you are getting projects finished for the end of the year.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment