Monday, December 19, 2022

Progress – Not Much

     Hope you are enjoying this festive time of year. Sunday after church I had lunch with a friend and she gave me this lovely poinsettia. I have not put up many Christmas decorations so it adds wonderful color to my living room.


     My quilting machine has been silent the past week; however, I did work on a couple of projects. I worked several days on appliques for Celtic Fantasy. The black Celtic knot is not fused and that is good because I don't like it. My artist sister says the print looks gray and it needs to be a stronger black. I needed a good black so a quilting friend let me shop her stash of black to redo them.


     As a batch of holiday cakes were in the oven baking, I pulled out Carolina Chain blocks in progress and finished sewing the center quilt top together. A border of matching fabric is cut and waits to be sewn on.


    That is it for the week and probably for the year. I don't expect any more projects to be finished in 2022.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 1 yd Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- 142.75 yds Added: 53.75 yd
    Net decrease 89 yds

Hope you are enjoying some special events this holiday season.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment