Monday, November 28, 2022

Making Progress

     I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends as I hope many of you did. Even with the Thanksgiving holiday I made progress on my couple of goals and more.

Progress on last week's goals:

1. Cut out GD-Lily's jumper and start sewing. -  Finished. Sorry I forgot to take a photo when she tried it on.  It fit well. 

2. Quilt on cat quilt -  Finished. It even has a label and been washed so it is ready to gift.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 0.5 yd Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 139.375 yds Added: 53.75 yd
    Net decrease 85.625 yds

    The kaleidoscope is a finished top. I didn't have enough of one fabric for a dark outer border but I had leftover 5” strips so decided to use them to piece a scrappy border.  It makes the top larger than planned but that is okay.


    This week I have plans to do some holiday things with granddaughters. Each year they decorate a square for Christmas placemats.  We also decorate small gingerbread houses so I am not planning to work on a lot of quilting projects.

Goals for this week:

1. Control pile of scrap fabric
2.  Sew binding on QOV
3. Quilt a comfort quilt for church

I'm linking up to Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday.  Check out the inspiration.  
Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

1 comment: