Monday, November 21, 2022

Weekly Progress and Goals

     Like many parts of the US my area has had a week of cold temperatures. This morning got down to 29 degrees which is unusually cool for SC this time of year. Before the freezing temperatures killed garden plants. I picked all the good size green tomatoes and processed them for a delicious batch of Green Tomato Muffins. They taste like zucchini bread.  I baked the muffins for 30 minutes.


The cooler days made for great sewing/quilting days.

Progress on last week's Goals:
1. Start adding appliques to “Celtic Fantasy” background units-   Done.
So far I have fused appliques to 2 areas.  It is looking a lot more interesting. 

2. Sew a few more Kaleidoscope rows together.     Done.
Four rows are sewn together. I have been pinning to match best I can.  Only 2 more rows and a border to be added.

3. Enlarge vintage jumper pattern for GD-Lily          In process.
I have traced the old pattern and know how much to add. I watched a video on YouTube by Nancy Zieman showing what to do. Now I just need to do it.

     On another project I chose a backing from my stash, sandwiched the cat top and started quilting. So far I have done straight lines with walking foot to stabilize.  I want it finished before Christmas for a gift so I need to continue the progress.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 4 yd Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 138.875 yds Added: 53.75 yd
    Net decrease 85.125 yds

Because of the Thanksgiving holiday I may not get a lot of quilting accomplished this week, but there are some I need to make progress on.

Goals for this week:

1. Cut out GD-Lily's jumper and start sewing.
2. Quilt on cat quilt

Hope you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends or family.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - you had me at Green Tomato bread... I have never heard of that - and now my husband wants to try it!!! Really love your kaleidoscope quilt!!! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete