Monday, November 14, 2022

“Celtic Fantasy” Progress and Goals

    Hope you enjoyed a peaceful Veteran's Day and relaxing weekend. After the remnants of the tropical storm/hurricane moved through here, weather has turned cooler and feels like fall. The rainy days were great for sewing time.

    I have enjoyed tracking mYearly Goals and seeing how I decrease stash fabric
Stash fabric used or added:
this past week- Used: 5.75 yd Added: 0yds
So far this year- Used: 134.875 yds Added: 53.75 yd
Net decrease 81.125 yds

As far as progress on last week's goals, I did well.
1. Cut out units for “Celtic Fantasy” quilt. Done

All the fabric for the 6 background templates are cut out and those that fit are on my design wall. The appliques should really transform the look. Here's hoping that they will. I have not taken Ricky's class but have watched his videos and have the book so hope I am up for the rest of the construction.

    2. Layout Kaleidoscope blocks and start piecing together top. Done    2 rows have been pieced together but this is not a rush project.

     
Goals for this week:

1. Start adding appliques to “Celtic Fantasy” background units

2. Sew a few more Kaleidoscope rows together.
3. Enlarge vintage jumper pattern for GD-Lily

     I don't know whether my cacti are supposed to be the Thanksgiving or Christmas variety; however, they are all full of blooms now.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment