Monday, January 23, 2023

Rainy Day Quilting

       Rainy days are great for staying inside and sewing so I have made good progress. The triple machine blanket stitch for Celtic Fantasy units is very time consuming and tedious. After working on a couple of units, I needed a break. I took time to piece all the simple brick blocks for GD Mattie's new quilt. My design wall is not large enough for all the blocks so I used my dining table to lay out and pin several rows at a time. Here are the first 4 rows.


How I did on last week's goals :

1. make progress on Celtic Fantasy - Done. Machine triple blanket stitch is complete on 5 of 21 units. It takes more time than I imagined.

2. start quilting charity/comfort quilt- Done. At least ¾ is quilted. Following is a special FM motif quilted in a focus light area.


3. control and use scrap fabric- not done.

    Stash Report for 2023

    this past week-     Used: 0 yds     Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 10.83 yds   Added: 21 yds
    Net decrease -10.17 yds

Weekly Goals for Jan. 23rd:

1. make progress on Celtic Fantasy
2. finish quilting charity/comfort quilt

Have a great week with some time for quilting.


“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember

that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built
the Titanic.” —Humor columnist Dave Barry


No comments:

Post a Comment