Monday, January 16, 2023

Fabric Sale Temptation

      GD Mattie is getting her bedroom redecorated and I was pleased that she asked me to make her a new quilt. She shared a photo of color inspiration so I shopped my stash for the needed fabric. I found 2 suitable pieces in my stash and decided to shop the store for the others. When I checked Hobby Lobby's sale fabric I found more than I needed and could not resist the price of $3 a yard. I came home with 5 fabrics for a total of 21 yards so I am in the red on my goal of decreasing my fabric stash.


    Stash Report for 2023

    this past week-  Used: 9 yds      Added: 21 yds
    So far this year- Used:10.83 yds    Added: 21 yds
    Net decrease -10.17 yds

Goals for last week:

  1. Make progress on a comfort quilt - Done   One was sandwiched and found a back for another.

  2. Start applique stitching on Celtic Fantasy - Done   Ricky Tims suggests use of the triple blanket stitch which is very time consuming. I have completed the triple blanket stitch on 3 of 21 sections which took about 8 hours.



  3. Tidy up a shelf of fabric odds and ends - Done I chose two small sections of my fabric shelves. They are more organized plus I found several things to donate.

                Before                                          After
             


Goals for the week of Jan. 15th :

1. make progress on Celtic Fantasy
2. start quilting charity/comfort quilt
3. control and use scrap fabric

Hope you have a great week with some time for quilting.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember

that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built
the Titanic.” —Humor columnist Dave Barry


No comments:

Post a Comment