Monday, March 20, 2023

Weekly Progress on Projects

     It is officially spring this morning but early temperatures were just above freezing. Last evening there was a freeze warning so I tried to protect a few new garden sprouts. This past week I enjoyed a couple of mornings working in the yard before focusing on quilting projects in the afternoons.

How I did on goal for last week:

  1. Continue blanket-stitching on Celtic Fantasy units. Done.

    The blanket-stitching is almost finished. I only have one more large piece to do and then the curved piecing begins. I am a little anxious about that part. Even though I have done curved piecing before, I have not use Ricky Tims' technique.
  2. Continue March Block a Day Done

    Piecing is going great as I have been doing 2 each day using the same floral with 2 greens. I have 42 of 48 blocks finished so this week should have them all. I am considering whether to add sashing between blocks. Here are most that will fit on my design wall. 

  3. Paper piece a Peony Star Not touched

    Instead, I pulled fabrics for a new guild challenge quilt. Some counted as fabric used but other pieces were pulled from my precut scraps so are not counted in the stash report.

    Stash Report for 2023

    this past week- Used: 2.825 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 33.55 yds Added: 21 yds
    Net decrease 12.55 yds

Goals for this week:

  1. Finish last of the blanket-stitching on Celtic Fantasy units.
  2. Continue March Block a Day
  3. Finish paper-piecing Easter basket blocks into mug rugs.
  4. Start piecing Rainbow Challenge quilt top.

    I have a fairly busy week scheduled. Wednesday is quilt day at church and I plan to demo paper-piecing on a cut Easter basket block. Then I hope to get a couple of comfort quilt tops sandwiched and ready for quilting.

Have a great week with some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


No comments:

Post a Comment