Monday, May 30, 2022

Remembering Memorial Day and Quilting

      Today is one special day for us to give thanks for the ultimate sacrifice some of our military personnel gave to keep our country free. My family members who fought in wars have been blessed to come home safely. Not all families have been so blessed and it is right to take time to remember them.

In between garden work and other quilt projects I made progress on placemats for a sister. One is totally finished and 3 more just need the binding top stitched by machine.


I'm not sure what will get finished the rest of this week as I will host Grandma Camp for granddaughters 14 and almost 10. They have ideas about how they want to spend their days.

Progress on my goals for this year continue:

1.  finish UFOs          No progress again.
2.  decrease stash fabric

    As I cut a couple of kits for my church quilt group I needed some other colors and pulled from my stash and was able to use another yard. 

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week-   Used: 1 yds Added: 0 yds

    So far this year- Used: 54.5 yds Added: 13.75 yd

3. control and use scrap fabric       No progress
4. make charity/comfort quilts

I cut 2 kits for Trip Around the World lap quilts.

I finished the fan quilt top and Fiddlesticks top and they are sandwiched for quilting.

  

I put binding on my second H2H quilt and posted the finishes in yesterday's link up at AcademicQuilter.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma camp!! I love it - I loved hanging with my Grandma - she taught me so many things!

    ReplyDelete