Monday, June 6, 2022

Only a Little Progress

     Most of my sewing this past week was on charity projects for which I sewed a few blocks. I did finish the binding on 4 placemats for a sister and put them in the mail. 


     The rest of the time was spent with GDs. We spent one day at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Mother Earth's hair was planted with a variety of small flowers.


I enjoyed a special exhibit of origami but did not take photos. The following photo is from their website. 


The artist created origami figures and transformed them into giant sculptures with sheet metal.

     GD Lily will have a birthday next month and she requested I make a Hogwarts sorting hat for her party. We all worked together and created the hat.


Progress on my goals for this year continue:
1. finish UFOs      No Progress
2. decrease stash fabric    No Progress
    Stash fabric used or added:
    this past week- Used: 0 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 54.5 yds Added: 13.75 yd

    3. control and use scrap fabric     No Progress

    4. make charity/comfort quilts    
            I quilted the following quilt for Jan, a member of my church quilt group. She  will bind.   I used FMQ large swirls  and a leaf motif in the border.  

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment