Monday, May 16, 2022

Not Much Quilting

      I have been taking advantage of our beautiful spring weather to get some yard work done instead of spending my time sewing. Soon it will be too hot to work outside for long.  This time of year the garden is taking most of my time. This morning I have more yard work planned and a list of errands to accomplish. Hope I will get to quilting in the afternoon.

Progress on my goals for this year continue:

1. finish UFOs No Progress

2. decrease stash fabric

    The past 2 weeks I have added more than I have used. I walked through the Walmart fabric section and saw nice Waverly solid color fat quarters for 97 cents.


    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 0 yds Added: 1.75 yds

    So far this year- Used: 50 yds Added: 12.25 yd

3. control and use scrap fabric No Progress
4. make charity/comfort quilts 
 I spent a couple of afternoons quilting a charity/comfort quilt and almost have it finished.  It started as orphan blocks that another member of my church group adopted and pieced. 

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt!
    and amazing FQs'!!!
    I am with you - take advantage of the good weather while you can!!!

    ReplyDelete