Monday, November 29, 2021

Holiday Goals

    I hope you enjoyed a happy Thanksgiving holiday.  I enjoyed a wonderful holiday with family. Three sisters and my brother got together with a few nieces, nephews, spouses and young children. 

How I did last week:
1. Bake desserts for Thanksgiving. Done I fixed all the food I was taking plus I put an extra pie in my freezer. It is good I did not take it because we had PLENTY of dessert.
2. Finish piecing red, black and white crumb top. Done Center is pieced but I plan to add a border.


3. Start quilting on another comfort quilt. Done It has been quilted, trimmed and passed to someone for binding.


    Now it is back to some sewing and quilting projects for Christmas and hopefully finish another UFO on my list before the end of the year. We will see. My church quilt group has been asked to make 100 pocket prayer squares by Dec. 10th to go in bags for the homeless.  Shabby Fabrics has free directions and a YouTube video.  Finishing 40 will be a priority for me.

Goals for the week:
1. Finish making 40 prayer pocket squares.
2. Quilt a UFO.
3. Cut scraps into units with Accuquilt dies.

     I have been working hard this year to reduce my stash; however, great sale prices have been too much of a temptation and I did need backing in certain colors. Yesterday and today JoAnn Fabrics has their Quilter's Showcase Fabrics for $2.49 a yard. I found 4 pieces for backing.

Stash fabric used or added the past week- Used: 2 yds Added: 18.75 yds
         So far this year- Used: 106.75 yds Added: 46.25 yds

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment