Monday, November 22, 2021

Progress and Weekly Goals

     Well, my week did not go as I expected. I was disappointed that I did not get to visit with granddaughters but we can visit another time. I did get a lot of sewing done and made progress on several projects.

How I did on Goals for the past week:

1. Sew Fiddlesticks top together. Done

    For now the top will finish at 48 by 60” and I am considering whether to add a border.

2. Quilt another comfort quilt. Done

    This top was pieced by Martha. I quilted and then passed to Joan for binding. It was definitely a group effort.


 3. Use Go Me and dies to cut scraps into units. Not done

Instead, I decided to start quilting on one of my UFOs. I chose a sampler probably started in 2015. It is not special, but it is finished.


 
 I practiced a new swirl hook chain in the wide border. When practicing it is good that it does not show up much and I like it enough to do it again.

      I also pulled a bag of red, black and white scraps with a few finished crumb blocks. It is now 12 blocks and I started adding sashing.


4. Enjoy time with granddaughters. Not done.

I did not get to visit because my younger granddaughter tested positive for Covid.  Thankfully she is during better. 

Stash fabric used or added the past week- Used: 2 yds Added: 0 yds

                            So far this year- Used: 104.75 yds Added: 27.5 yds

Goals for the week of Nov. 22:

1. Bake desserts for Thanksgiving.

2. Finish piecing red, black and white crumb top.

3. Start quilting on another comfort quilt.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.





No comments:

Post a Comment