Friday, November 5, 2021

Something to Whoop About

      It feels great to have accomplished so much in my sewing room this week. I finished a couple of projects and made great progress on 2 more.

     While straightening up scraps, I found prepared fusible applique pieces for pumpkins perfect for this time of year. The original design “Jo's Pumpkin Patch” was published in Quiltmaker Sept-Oct '13 (#153) as appliques on a quilt. I bought 2 kitchen towels and added the applique. I couched brown yarn for the pumpkin vines. I think they will be nice gifts to add a special touch for the fall; just need to decide for whom.


    Next I quilted one of several comfort quilts that I have sandwiched. It used Eleanor Burns' easy "Piece of Cake" design.  Here it is quilted and trimmed before I passed it on to another member to add binding. I quilted large swirls.


    Then I added the border blocks and corners to finish the Quilt of Valor top. I know it is busy but I hope a veteran will enjoy it.


    I also needed to  catch up on the Old School BOM and done after making Pat Sloan's October Courthouse Steps block design. Every month there is a block from a different designer.  One month I chose a different block to do instead of hand piecing small hexagons.  Here are 10 blocks together.

They need some type of sashing to help calm it and make the various blocks look more cohesive.

     I hope I can keep up the momentum and get a few more projects finished before the holidays and end of the year.

I'm linking up today with Sarah for Whoop, Whoop Friday and Alycia for Finished (or Not) Friday.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



1 comment: