Monday, November 1, 2021

Weekly Goals for November 1

    Our SC fall weather has been enjoyable with cool mornings perfect for brisk walks and afternoons nice for activities outdoors. Last week's goals were simple and both were accomplished with ease.

    1. Work on a UFO. Done

    2. Enjoy time with GDs. Done

Check out Friday's post to see a few of last week's fun activities. I also had time to use my new Accuquilt dies to cut up scraps into usable units. I made a nice dent in the scrap box.

    Let's start November off right. This week I am back to my yard and quilting. I love bearded iris and have many different varieties in beds around my yard. I try to work in them in the fall and spring to keep them blooming beautifully. There are at least 4 comfort quilts sandwiched and waiting for quilting which I would like to start on. I enjoyed using my recently finished Halloween Bats and Boos quilt (free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop) and now I want a new fall wall-hanging. I love my mini fall quilt 

and the table runner I made in 2009 for a beginner quilting class I taught. 

 Hope I can fit a new project in, although not a priority.

My Goals for this first week of November:

    1. Work in bearded iris beds.

    2. Quilt a comfort quilt.

    3. Add border to QOV.

Stash fabric used or added the past week- Used: 0 yds Added: 0 yds               (I did not try to estimate yardage of scraps I cut up)

            So far this year- Used: 98.5 yds Added: 27.5 yds

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment