Monday, February 8, 2021

Progress toward Goals

       With several rainy days it was a good time to stay inside and I worked on my goals. Even though I did not accomplish them all, I feel good about what I did get done.

How I did last week -

1. Quilt “Wickedly Easy” day bed quilt. Done. That is another one off my UFO list. Friday I shared a picture of the day bed quilt without binding. Sunday I machine sewed on the binding for the quilt and one pillow sham. I have 2 more pillow shams to bind.


2. Sort and organize a box of scraps. Not touched

3. Piece a couple of maple leaf blocks. Not done

4. Record stash fabric used or added. 

                 Used: 4.25 mug rugs and pillow sham.

                 Added: 1.5 yds for binding

5. Clean and organize the linen closet this week instead of a drawer. Done.  This was a big job. I cleared and organized 2 large shelves. I have many old towels to donate to the animal shelter.  I found some surprises.  At least 2 of these Swedish embroidery towels I did when in about 4th grade. I think a couple came back to me when my mother and an aunt passed.  This is something I hope will interest my granddaughters.


I also found several old pieces that I was given 50 years ago and would love to use in a crazy piece style wall-hanging or something.  I am not ready to give them away yet.

      A pile of Valentine mug rugs have been mailed so they can be enjoyed for longer than just Valentine's Day. My artistic sister sent me one she made so I have one to enjoy.

Goals for the week of February 8th

1. Sandwich a small quilt or 2.

2. Sort and organize blue scraps for comfort quilts.

3. Piece a couple of maple leaf blocks.

4. Record stash fabric used or added.

5. Clean and organize a my craft table drawer.


Stay safe and healthy will you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.





1 comment:

  1. You got some of your goals accomplished!! Great job! Those antique linens are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete