Monday, February 22, 2021

A Finish and Weekly Progress

      Setting weekly goals seems to be helping me stay on track to accomplish more. Having specific weekly goals is a great reminder. So far this year I have finished 6 quilt projects on my UFO list and feel good about organization projects around the house.

How I did last week – Feb 15th

1. Quilt one of the waiting. Done. The batik rectangles quilt is finished and I should be able to quilt another this week.


2. Sew blocks from blue scrap units for comfort quilts. Done. These were inspired by CILs Winter Blues block drive and resulting quilts. I tried to work on these as leader/ender but then took an afternoon or two. I varied from their plan for some blocks as I used rectangular pieces or bricks along with the squares of various sizes. I have 20 made for a 48 by 60” lap quilt. This picture only shows half.  I still have a stack of 4 1/2” strips that can add a scrappy border to make it a little larger and use up more blue units. 


3. Piece a couple of maple leaf blocks. Done. 30 complete.  Two new blocks  were made and here are 28 that were made before this week. This is not the layout, just up on the design wall to see how they look. That is about half of what is needed for a lap quilt.


4. Record stash fabric used or added. Used: 2 ½ yds for binding plus blue scrap units

                                                             Added: 0

5. Clean and organize a drawer. Done and I uncovered family memories. One was a wine making booklet of my father's with a page of his handwritten notes. My younger son took it.

Goals for the Week of February 22nd

1. Quilt the Elvira top.

2. Piece blue scrap quilt top.

3. Piece a couple of maple leaf blocks.

4. Record stash fabric used or added.

5. Clean and organize a drawer.


Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment