Friday, February 19, 2021

Finished Tops

      We had 5 days in a row of rain before the sight of sun. Thursday was another rainy cold day so, of course, the perfect time to sit and sew. I finished my second “Colorworks” quilt top. The pattern is great for using many different fabrics. The first one used bright child themed fabric. You can see it here plus a link for the pattern. My church quilt ministry needs more quilts suitable for men so I chose fabrics with men in mind.


     Some time ago I uncovered a sandwich bag of triangles and squares of someone's leftover pieces. The fabric has unusual Christmas colors. I played with them to see what kind of blocks I could make. I was able to piece 4 -12” finish squares and create a small 36” table topper.


Today is starting with more rain and should be a great day to get busy quilting.

I'm linking up with Alycia for Finished (or Not) Friday and with Sarah for Whoop Whoop Friday. For some inspiration check out what others are doing. 

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


4 comments:

  1. I love your Colorworks quilt top!!! I'm queuing it up for a future quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on that Colorworks quilt top, Elizabeth. Our local charities always ask for more quilts for boys and men, too. It's kind of weird that the charities feel like they need to be Gender Police, though, don't you think? Who decided that bright colors, pastels, flowers, butterflies, and everything beautiful in nature is only suitable for girls, and boys and men are only supposed to like brown, navy blue and gray? My father-in-law is an avid gardener with a huge collection of exotic orchids. If I was making a quilt for him, it would have flowers for sure, but if he's ever in a situation where he was the recipient of a charity quilt, they wouldn't even offer him a floral quilt because they'd just assume he wanted something "manly." But I don't argue with our guild's outreach committee about this because the work is important and I don't want to rock the boat. I just hope they offer some of the "manly quilts" to little girls who like tractors and to women who might prefer muted color schemes, too. :-). Your Christmas table topper looks great too, by the way -- it looks very planned and deliberate. I would never have guessed it was just improvised from someone else's leftover bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both great. I really like the way the colorworks can use so many different fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great masculine pattern, good find!
    Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete