Monday, July 18, 2022

Progress on Quilting Goals

     The past week sure flew by and I didn't feel like I accomplished much until I started writing. My quilting goals for the past week were to:

    1. finish quilting Jewel Box Stars - That is done. It needs binding this week. Here is the motif I used in the neutral areas. It is a sort of circular feather worked around a spiral.


    2. choose a UFO and make progress - I had planned to make another “Fall Memories”. This was the first one with the pattern and kit from Laundry Basket Quilts.

    No progress was made because I did not have a border fabric. The borders need to be added to the center panel before all the applique is added.

    3. quilt a comfort quilt for my church group. - I didn't quilt one; however, we pieced batting scraps for 5 and sandwiched 4. I brought 2 home so this week I plan to quilt one of those.

     I went to JoAnn Fabrics to use my coupon for basting spray and also found a great deal on some fabric. Their dot clearance fabric was an additional 40% off and I bought 7 yds for a quilt back for myself for $2.39 a yard. I could not resist. Another piece will be added to the stash for church quilt group.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week-     Used: 1.5 yds Added: 7 yds
    So far this year- Used: Used: 87 yds Added: 24.25 yds

I pieced another comfort top. The uneven 9 patch blocks were orphans and it was good to use them.  I love the big floral border fabric. 


Goals for this week:

    1. bind Jewel Box Stars
    2. quilt a comfort quilt for my church group
    3. cut fabrics for GD Lily's quilt

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment