Monday, July 4, 2022

Goals and Progress

    After I finished my "Plaid-ish" quilt, my major goal for the past week was to quilt my "Jewel Box Stars" top. I made great progress and the center portion is half quilted. I paused there to find the right design to quilt in neutral areas. I have decided but the quilting will have to wait at least until next weekend.

     I decided, instead, to play with some scraps and my Accuquilt Qube dies. I love Kaleidoscope quilts and the “Bursting Forth” Accuquilt pattern creates a similar feel. It used dies 13 and 15 from the Qube Angles set. Over the weekend I got all the blocks cut and pieced. Here they are on my design wall. 


 I wish I had used 2 greens with more value difference. These are not all lovely fabrics, but I hope the overall design is appealing. It will still be a good comfort quilt.

Progress on goals for this year continue:

* Decrease stash fabric

    Stash fabric used or added:
    this past week- Used: 9.25 yds Added: 1.5 yds
    So far this year- Used: 82.5 yds Added: 17.25 yds

Happy July 4thEnjoy the holiday. 

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


1 comment:

  1. Bursting Forth is a great name!! it does look like the center is just exploding - great design!!!

    ReplyDelete