Monday, July 25, 2022

Goals and Progress

    Since I finished the quilting on 2 last week, I pulled some blocks to piece. Recently I have been working a lot with isosceles triangles and triangle in a square blocks. These were inspired by “City Girl” designed by Svanhild Schmidt-Hovstad in the Dec/Jan 2009 Quilters Newsletter. My blocks are not yet pressed. I used the my AccuQuilt Qube to cut units; however, I can cut the same with the Tri-Recs rulers.


    My younger GD asked me to help her make a Harry Potter Hufflepuff quilt when she saw the fabric at JoAnns. I bought her 2 yds and then pulled 4 yards of coordinating fabric from my stash. All units are cut for her to start piecing this week.

Progress on goals-

1. decrease stash fabric

    It felt great to shop my stash and find great fabric for 2 current projects.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: - 8 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: Used: 95 yds Added: 24.25 yds

2. make charity/comfort quilts

Layer Cake Lattice is quilted. Someone else will bind. Layer Cake Lattice is a free (and easy) pattern from Fat Quarter Shop.  


At church we cut fabric for 10 shelter cat beds and finished 5.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment