Monday, July 11, 2022

Goals and Progress

      Several days last week were spent with GDs. One fun thing they did was make and decorate Harry Potter theme cupcakes. Aren't they creative?



I worked on piecing several charity/comfort quilt tops and also the latest Quilting Life BOM (which is at the top).


Progress on my goals

1.  Finish UFOs - The quilting on my “Jewel Box Stars” remained paused.

2. decrease stash fabric-

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week-  Used: 3 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: Used: 85.5 yds Added: 17.25 yds

3. make charity/comfort quilts

    My version of “Bursting Forth” is a top. I added extra strips to the sides to give it more width. This was an easy block using the pieces cut with my AccuQuilt dies #13 and 15. I look forward to doing more with them.


    The 3 yard quilt “Stepping Up” is a top with the addition of an extra  ½ yard for a special mitered border. In Debbie Caffrey's Craftsy class “Clever Cuts” she demonstrates using strip sets to create special accent mitered borders. I thought my little 3 yard quilt would be the perfect place to give one a try. Debbie suggests a narrow accent strip. I made mine wider to have less left over fabric from the 1 yard. I have not sewn the last corner so I can share the technique with my quilt group. I look forward to trying some of her other tips.


Goals for this week:

    1. finish quilting Jewel Box Stars

    2. choose a UFO and make progress
    3. quilt a comfort quilt for my church group.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment