Monday, October 18, 2021

Weekly Goals and Progress

     This past week I worked in the yard pulling weeds a couple of mornings then most of my time was spent on the Hermione bag.

How I did last week :

1. Make progress on a UFO. Done. The only quilt related work I did was to make 2 bindings for comfort quilts that have been waiting.

2. Make Hermione bag for GD.  Almost Done.

The majority of my time this past week was spent on the Hermione bag. I have made drawstring jewelry bags before and internet sites suggested using that pattern as a base. I enlarged one and pieced 45 degree wedges of 3 different fabrics to create my base. Next I did machine decorative stitches and hand embroidery stitches.


Then I added beading.  Here is close-up of one section.


Here I gathered the top to see how it will look after I add the drawstring.  I am pleased. 


Goal for this week:

    1. Finish the Hermione bag.

    2. Work on a UFO.

    This week I plan to finish a beaded fabric bauble with tassel for the bottom of the bag, sew in the lining and insert a drawstring and whatever finishing touches are needed so that I can deliver it to my GD Saturday.

Hopefully, I will have time to work in the yard a little and do some quilting.

Stash fabric used or added the past week- Used: 1 yds Added: 0yds.

                 So far this year- Used: 98.5 yds Added: 27.5 yds

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



1 comment:

  1. Gosh, this looks lovely. I'd happily store my gold coins in it :-)

    ReplyDelete