Friday, October 22, 2021

A Special Finish Plus QOV

    My major goal for the week was to finish the requested Hermione replica bag for my GD.  All the family are Harry Potter fans. A few years ago I helped the older GD sew a robe and Hermione has been the Halloween character. This year the bag was requested.  Here is an example:


and here is my finish. 


She asked for it to be large and the cords are long enough for the bag to be fully opened.


It will be delivered tomorrow and I look forward to seeing her response. I hope it will be something she will want to use in years to come for formal or fun occasions.  One of my sisters says she would like one. Maybe that will be a project after a break.

      Another sister requested a Quilt of Valor for a 97 year old WWII veteran and member of her church. He was very happy to receive it and said he plans to pass it on to his son.


I'm linking up with Sarah for Whoop, Whoop Friday and Alycia for Finished(or Not) Friday. For fun and inspiration check out all those sharing.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous bag! Hope she loves it! How could she not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized Hermione's bag instantly! What a beautiful recreation. Lucky granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you have knocked it out of the park on that bag!!! Very cool
    and the QOV - TOO awesome!!! I hope he uses it for a long time before passing it on!

    ReplyDelete