Monday, August 2, 2021

Week of Progress

      I feel good about all that I got done last week.

How I did the past week:

1. Clean off the craft table. Done. Lots of scraps were cut into usable units like 2 1/2” strips and squares, as well as 3 1/2”, 4 1/2”, and 6 1/2”. Some became strings and some small pieces joined the crumbs.

2. Sandwich a quilt top. Done. I sandwiched 2 quilts and a tabletopper  


3. Start quilting. Done. I finished all the in-the-ditch quilting on the tabletopper.

4. Make progress on a UFO. Done. Finished piecing 24 blocks for “Almost Wild” which started as a plan to make Bonnie Hunter's “Wild Child” quilt design. The blocks are now on hold until I finish quilting some of the 9 tops that are waiting.



     This week I don't expect to get much quilting done so I am not listing any goals. A sister is having surgery tomorrow to remove 8 screws from her foot and ankle that were placed a few years ago when she broke it. I plan to help her for a few days since I doubt she will feel like cooking or cleaning. I am looking forward to visiting time with sisters which did not happened much in the past year.

Stash fabric used or added the past week. 

                        Used: 5 yds   Added: 0 yds.

     So far this year - Used: 73 yds    Added: 7.5 yds


Stay healthy and hope you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment