Monday, August 30, 2021

Goals for the Week

     During the past couple of months, I have not focused on goals for quilting. I have spent more time with GDs and working in my vegetable garden. As August comes to an end I hope to get back to focusing on quilting goals. One yearly goal has been to use and reduce my fabric stash. So far I feel very good about what I have used and also that I have been able to resist the temptation to buy.

Stash fabric used or added the past week. Used: 5 yds Added: 0 yds.

          So far this year - Used: 82 yds Added: 7.5 yds

How I did on goals for the past week:

1. Finish quilting on a project. Done. Quilting and binding on a holiday topper was finished and shared Friday.

2. Piece several watercolor blocks for church group. Done.


We are on track to have enough blocks finished for our next meeting. One of our group took the floral squares home and laid out 5 blocks.

3. Cut out more units with GO dies. No; however, I did study the pattern guide for my die sets. I have a plan.

4. Make progress on a UFO. No, hopefully this week.

      While sorting scraps I found a nice scrap of fall harvest fabric and decided to make a couple of placemats for gifts.  They are finished.


Is it too early to gift something for fall? Maybe, but I'm glad to have them done and waiting for the right time.

Goals for this week:

    1. Start quilting my “Home Is” quilt top.

    2. Cut scraps into units with GO cutter and die.

    3. Make progress piecing on a UFO.


That is probably plenty to keep me busy.

Hope you stay safe and healthy and enjoy some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment