Monday, July 26, 2021

Weekly Goals

     The cutting table in my sewing room is covered with fabric scraps and chunks even though I spent most of Saturday cutting up odd fabric chunks. Now I need a change and I'm wondering what to work on.

     I have 9 quilt tops, lap size and larger waiting to be quilted, plus 1 smaller lap quilt waiting at church plus a Christmas table topper here. I pieced a backing for a large lap quilt and I pulled backing fabric for the table topper but can't sandwich unless I clean off my craft table. Maybe tomorrow. 

Goals for this week:

     1. Clean off the craft table.

      2. Sandwich a quilt top.

      3. Start quilting

      4. Make progress on a UFO.

Stash fabric used or added the past week. Used: 5.25 yds Added: 0 yds .

So far this year - Used: 68 yds Added: 7.5 yds

    In the morning before it gets too hot, I hope to set out some new plants that I started from seed. Then I can come in to cool off and start working on cleaning off the craft table.

    In my yard I counted 9 caterpillars getting fat on my parsley. Last year I was lucky to see a couple of Eastern Black Swallowtails hatch and fly off. Here are 3 of this years caterpillars. The parley was going to seed and I cut a bunch back.  I hope I left enough for this crowd. 


This photo is from last year.

Stay healthy and hope you enjoy some time sewing and quilting.

1 comment: