Friday, July 2, 2021

Progress At Least

       I don't have a finish but I did some sewing.  Last Saturday I participated in Gudrun's “Hey June” Quilt Along. I have pieced 24 blocks; however, I need to trim 12. Here are 12 completed blocks on the design wall.

You can find the videos on her GE Designs YouTube channel. 

The pattern is interesting and not too difficult. I had to pay attention to pressing directions. Some need the seams pressed to the dark and some to the background fabric. I had to do a little un-sewing.

    A lot of  my time this week was spent in the vegetable garden. I am picking blueberries about every other day. I like to eat them fresh or add them to muffins but some will be frozen for later. 

I am looking forward to enjoying this large Brandywine tomato.  This is my first time growing this heirloom tomato variety. 

Stay healthy and enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

I'm linking up with Finished or Not Friday. 

4 comments:

  1. Pretty blue & white June quilt! I participated, also, and it was a lot of fun. Having a blueberry bush is such a blessing. We had one in our yard in Tokyo and got about 80 cups per summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are really cool blocks!! they have a unique little twist to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finish on that quilt! I have a blackberry bush that's done for the season but dang that thing produces!! I can't eat berries at all due to the seeds (teeny tiny even) as it wrecks havoc with the diverticulitis. Therefore friends and neighbors reap the bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool design from Gudrun. I'd be happy to enjoy that tomato also. But your own blueberry bush? Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete