Saturday, July 17, 2021

July Activities

     So far July has been busy. The most exciting part was having my GDs for a week of Grandma Camp 2021. We did baking, tie dyed t-shirts, and doll furniture construction with a little sewing. There was one morning for roller skate practice on new skates and acrylic painting.


    When I came home, I spent time catching up in the garden and making some progress on quilting projects. The July Old School BOM is made. Here are 6 of the blocks. Several members of my church sewing group who are participating decided to make a substitute for the May EPP block which is not shown.


    Wednesday was sew day for church group. I actually spent most of the day organizing donated fabric. I brought home our multi-size churn dash group project and finished piecing the top center. We plan to add a border. This quilt was inspired by an old magazine article.  I love the scrappiness and different size units. 


    I finally have some UFO progress to share. About 6 years ago I pieced a stack of string blocks. Then a couple of years later I planned to use them to make a Bonnie Hunter design called “Wild Child”. Last month I changed my plan and decided to make a more simple design with 24 of the blocks. Here are 11 pieced.


    Last fall when I saw Kat and Cat quilts CIL block drive for Fiddlesticks blocks (aka Bright Birches), I decided to make some. Recently for leader/ender I have been piecing narrow strips of scraps. Today I pieced a few blocks. 


    My vegetable garden is doing so well I have shared tomatoes with friends and neighbors and also put a couple of packages in the freezer. My prize tomato so far is this Brandywine heirloom tomato that weighed a little over a pound.


Stash fabric used or added the past week. Used: 3 yds Added: 2 yds ( I bought fabric for the doll furniture cushions.

                 So far this year - Used: 62.75 yds Added: 7.5 yds

Stay healthy and enjoy some time sewing and quilting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment