Monday, January 4, 2021

Weekly Goals

     To help me be more accountable and stay on track to finish UFOs and other projects, on Mondays I plan to lay out goals for the week, 1st by choosing a project from my list to work on, 2nd by pulling a pallet of fabric scraps to piece made-fabric sometimes as leader/ender, and 3rd by working on a selection of orphan blocks.

Goals for the week of January 4th

1) Start quilting blue “Circle Back”.  Pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs
2) Sort a box of scraps by color and size to create red made-fabric, some of which can be used for February Valentine projects.
3) Piece together a couple of maple leaf blocks from leftover pieces.
 


     In 2004 I made a king size quilt for my older son and his then fiance`. The pattern is from Judy Martin's The Creative Pattern Book and each leaf has 18 pieces. I uncovered a container of leftover cut pieces and 13 finished blocks. My goal is to complete more blocks using the already cut pieces of fabric. Even when I was initially making the blocks I could only make 2 or 4 each day.


Here are a few more weekly goals for organization.
4) Record stash fabric used or added. I may estimate when dealing with small scraps or just not count.
5) Clean out a drawer in the house. Recycle or rehome items that I will not use this year.
 

     I am off to a great start with my first finish from my list of projects for 2021. Modern Bargello Scraps had been sandwiched for a few weeks waiting for quilting. I finally decided to use a familiar motif and FMQ Leah Day's Echo Short Cut design. The leftover bargello strips came from a member of my church quilt group and I adapted a pattern from Carole Lyles Shaw's book Madly Modern Quilts.



Hope your new year if off to a GREAT start. 
Stay safe and healthy so you can enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE your first finish!!! and all your goals for this week sound like fun!! GOod luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funky first finish for 2021... LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete