Thursday, December 31, 2020

Looking Back and Planning Ahead

     I did not mail Christmas cards in time for Christmas so instead have made a stack of snowman mug rugs and included a card with Happy New Year wishes.   I used the snowman's face from the free pattern found at Shiny Happy World  but left off the hat.


    Yesterday a new great nephew was born.  I already have an I Spy quilt top pieced and hope to quilt it soon. 
*  update-- The I Spy quilt was finished with cuddle fabric for the backing on New Years Eve for my last finish of 2020. 



      Looking back at my project list for 2020 which included many UFOs, it doesn't look like I accomplished much as many of those projects are still waiting for attention while several projects not on the list were completed. I don't know what strategy would be more helpful. Unlike some quilters that pass on projects they don't want to complete, I can not bring myself to do that. I have updated my list for 2021 and have 20 projects on the list.
      For 2021 here are some of my plans:
1.  Each week I will choose a project from my project list to work on.
2.  Each month I will use a different pallet of scraps to piece made-fabric or blocks.
3.  Each month make a plan for and work on a selection of orphan blocks.
     If you have any strategies that have helped you finish UFOs, I would love to hear. I do not want to give them away, I just want to not start so many new ones instead of finishing ones I have started.


Prayers for a healthy and safe 2021 for our world.


No comments:

Post a Comment