Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Time for Small Projects

      This holiday season between Thanksgiving and Christmas my mind is not on quilting projects but on many small projects. I enjoy making gifts for friends and family.

      I made another set of Christmas placemats as a gift. This was such a lovely large print I did not want to cut it up much. I still have plenty of Christmas fabric for more.


     I was asked to make Grand-dog Dosi a Christmas stocking similar to the rest of the family so that got done.


     I finished a new dress with a Christmas detachable bib for GD Lily. Fitting from a distance is always a concern. The package arrived and the dress fits well.  I love seeing it on her.



I could not find a pattern for the bib so I just winged it. Here is a close up of the bib decoration.

     I used a free pattern for an Elf doll from We All Sew. I wanted to use fabric for some parts instead of all felt as suggested so I made a few changes. Since I substituted cotton fabric for the boots instead of felt, they really stretched out of shape from the pattern. If I make another elf, the boot fabric needs to be interfaced.


Stay safe and healthy to enjoy this holiday season.

I'm linking up with Sarah for Whoop Whoop Friday


2 comments: